Fall Prevention, Patient Mobility, MovementBack to Courses
- Understand assisting patient ambulation and transfers
- Recognize and understand application and use of a gait belt
- Demonstrate use of closed loop communication of delegated tasks to RN in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Recognize use of bed-side report
- Understand how to clean equipment with appropriate disinfectant wipes and dry times
- Demonstrates Hourly Rounding: Presence, Pain, Positioning, Personal items, and Potty
While patients are recovering, we know their activity level falls far below their typical activity levels at home. This can lead to medical complications and increase their risk of falls. In this course, learners will gain an understanding of risk factors that contribute to falls and evidence-based strategies for preventing falls and ensuring safe practices for patient mobility and patient transfers.