Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such changes.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Knowledge Factor, Inc. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Knowledge Factor, Inc. is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Knowledge Factor, Inc. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Knowledge Factor, Inc. complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Knowledge Factor, Inc. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Knowledge Factor, Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov], you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Third Party Sites
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on the Site, which may contain personal information. We will obtain your consent via email prior to posting the testimonial. To request removal of the testimonial and/or your name, contact us at email@example.com.
How KFI Collects and Obtains Your Information
We may obtain Information in four ways:
1. Personal information you disclose to us.
You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on the Site (information might include first name, last name, company name, job title, email and/or phone number), when you register for any features on the Site that require registration, complete surveys, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order or access goods or services from us.
2. Information provided to us by Third Party Clients
If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
3. Using Cookies and Similar Technologies
4. Via our Servers
Our web servers also collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website you came from before entering this Site.
How KFI uses your Information:
By using the Site, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your Information for the purpose of providing you with this Site and products and services available via the Site and developing our business which shall include (without limitation)
1. (a) Contacting you, including for the purpose of administering the Site, informing you about the latest changes to the Site, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting, however, this communication does not serve promotional purposes but is destined to help you use the services;
(b) Personalizing your visits to the Site and developing the Site to improve the services provided to you;
(c) Processing any online purchases;
(d) Improving the quality of the products and services offered to you;
(e) Using it for market research, marketing, statistical or analytical purposes;
(f) Using it to help diagnose problems with our server, for determining the frequency with which our visitors look at various parts of this Site;
(g) Using it to gather broad demographic information such as geographic distribution of our visitors and to allow us to provide goods and services appropriate to your place of residence; and/or
(h) Using it for archival purposes, e.g., in order to retrieve your learning results.
Please note that we only use your personalized data where necessary to deliver our services.
2. We collect your response to every question you answer, including confidence and correctness; the time it takes you to respond to each question; the time you spend reviewing the results of each question. Our adaptive learning algorithm uses this data to determine which questions to show you, and in which order. Our reporting system uses this data to display to instructors how each person is performing, including their levels of initial knowledge, and how long it took them to master the learning information.
3. Subject to obtaining your consent, we may send you direct marketing communications about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers. By direct marketing activities, we mean the communication directly to particular individuals (by email or phone) of any advertising or marketing material. If having given your consent you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive direct marketing or information from us or our associated companies or third parties or no longer want us to pass your information to third parties, please notify us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt out from receiving further emails from us by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the direct marketing/newsletter emails from us.
Information Sharing and DisclosureKFI may share your Information with third parties when:
1. We have your consent to share your Information; we will only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
2. We need to share your Information to provide the product or service you have requested.
3. We may also contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, and other services related to our business and to the products and services that you may purchase and we provide our service providers with the Information needed for them to perform these services, but these companies or persons are never allowed to use your Information for any purpose other than providing the services contracted for.
4. Where you are using this Site pursuant to an agreement between us and a Third Party Client, that Third Party Client will have full access to all of your activity on this Site and to your Information. It is the Third Party Client’s responsibility to make certain that he is entitled to have access to your data; any of your queries should therefore be directed to the Third Party Client and not to us. You understand that the administrators designated by the Third Party Client will be able to monitor all of your behavior on this Site and your Information and we have no control over the use they may make of your Information. If you have questions about the Third Party Client’s use of your Information, you should consult them.
5. We compile records of user trends, which we may make use of ourselves, or pass to our associated companies.
6. We may disclose details about use of the Site to other businesses, e.g., to demonstrate patterns of use to advertisers and other business partners. The information we pass on will not include any personal information by which you may be identified.
7. In certain instances we may disclose your Information when there is reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action, against persons or entities that may be causing injury to you, to us or to others in circumstances where it is not practical for us to obtain your consent.
8. We will comply with any court order requesting or requiring the disclosure of the identity or location of or any other information in relation to anyone who has accessed the Site and we may also disclose such information where we are advised by our lawyers that a court order would be granted requiring us to disclose it, such as to comply with subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, even if no legal proceedings have been commenced in relation to the same.
9. We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy, including your Information, to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganization of our business in which case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
11. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place and you consent to such transfer.
We will retain your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with KFI’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce KFI’s agreements.
Personal information provided to Knowledge Factor will be stored and processed in the United States, where it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
KFI has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your Information under KFI’s control. Once we receive your Information, we will store it on secure servers behind a firewall. Our management team and its engineers regularly review and update the integrity of the Site and the security of your Information. KFI cannot, however, safeguard any data stored on your own personal computer or any public computer upon which you might elect to access the Site. In addition, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
h2>Unsubscribing, Correcting and Updating Your Information
You are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about service notices and responsibilities. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account. Requesting the deletion of certain types of your Information may prevent you from accessing some features on this Site.
Please note that if you enter Information for KFI’s Sample a Course section, you cannot update or delete previously submitted answers to questions via this Site. If your Information (such as your email address) should change, we ask that you re-submit a Sample a Course form. If you are a registered user of this Site, you may correct, delete or update your Information by contacting us through email our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Upon request Knowledge Factor will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com . We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. If you are using this Site further to agreement between us and a Third Party, the administrator designated by such Third Party.
Knowledge Factor acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Knowledge Factor has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Knowledge Factor Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
If you choose to use our send to friend service to tell a friend about our careers, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email about the position. KFI does not store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
If you are under Legal Age
Changes to This Policy
Or write to us at:
4775 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80301
Last modified on 06/25/19