- Summarize prevalence of and costs associated with CDI and recurrent CDI
- Classify appropriate PPE (selection, doffing, donning) and Contact
- Precaution procedures to follow when caring for CDI patients
- Employ appropriate testing in the context of suspected and confirmed CDI
- Identify appropriate treatments for CDI, while remaining mindful of antimicrobial stewardship
- Define cleaning products to be used in relation to CDI patients
This course covers evidenced-based management of C. difficile infections (CDIs), from diagnosis and treatment to management of recurrent CDI.
Did You Know...
- 29,000 of these patients died within 30 days of the initial diagnosis
- CDIs put an estimated burden of over $6.3 billion per year on the US health system, with costs attributable to CDI at over $21,000 per case