- Responsibilities of a clinical support staff member
- Objectives ranging from HIPPA to documentation to anatomical term review
- Describe HIPAA regulations and implications for patient privacy
- Use communication tools to ensure effective and error-free communications (STAR, SBAR, etc.)
- Explain medication documentation best practices
- Identify common conditions and their treatments
- Identify best practices for capturing vital signs
- Differentiate between commonly used anatomical terms
- Use screening tools appropriately (e.g. Patient Falls, Depression, etc.)
- Identify common tests and procedures
Course development guided by the expertise of Marin Sawyer, Cora Bennett, Kim Tillery, Rebecca Porcaro, and Priscilla Mullins
Did You Know...
- Clinical support workers are essential members of an interdisciplinary team. Among their wide range of duties, they help coordinate, facilitate, and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- When patients have effective encounters with health care professionals, they leave feeling satisfied with the care they received, and their health improves.