- Communicate appropriately during a fire emergency
- Distinguish between the types of fire and fire extinguishers
- List steps to be taken during a fire emergency
- Differentiate between smoke zones and locations of defend-in-place
This course teaches about fire safety guidelines, the hospital fire plan, and evacuation steps in the case of a fire emergency.
Did You Know...
- For each year from 2012 to 2014, an estimated 5,700 medical facility fires were reported to fire departments in the United States. Nearly a fifth of those (1,100 fires) were in hospitals.
- It is estimated that these fires caused fewer than five deaths, 25 injuries and $5 million in property loss per year.