EKG Interpretation AssessmentBack to Courses
- Identify the different parts of an EKG wave
- Identify the ventricular rate, PR interval, and QRS duration of an EKG wave
- Differentiate between the different EKG waves
- Describe the nursing interventions required based on an EKG interpretation
These courses are meant to assess a learner’s ability to interpret EKG waves. There are three versions of this course: Monitor Technician, Acute Care, and ED/ICU/Telemetry. The Acute Care and ED/ICU/Telemetry exams also assess a learner’s knowledge of nursing interventions to perform based on the EKG wave.
Did You Know...
- About half of all heart attacks are mistaken for less serious problems and can increase your risk of dying from coronary artery disease.
- A silent heart attack, known as a silent myocardial infarction (SMI), account for 45% of heart attacks and strike men more than women.
- SMI often leaves scarring and damage to the heart, which, combined with the fact that many people who have an SMI don’t seek immediate care, can further raise a person’s risk of a second and potentially more harmful heart attack.