Can’t Miss Diagnoses – Necrotizing FasciitisBack to Courses
- Describe the risk factors and symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis
- Interpret lab findings to diagnose necrotizing fasciitis
- Treat necrotizing fasciitis appropriately (antibiotics and surgical management)
- Summarize the mortality rate of patients with necrotizing fasciitis
This course teaches the signs and symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis as well as the appropriate emergency management to achieve the best outcomes.
Did You Know...
- Only 15–34% of patients with NF receive an accurate admitting diagnosis
- 1/3 of patients with NF die
- NF is occurring more frequently due to the increase in immunocompromised patients with diabetes, cancer, transplants, HIV, and neutropenia