Essentials of Hospice and Palliative CareBack to Courses
- Hospice & palliative care principles
- Pain management
- Ethical & legal issues
The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine’s 9-module primer provides a critical foundation for practitioners who want to understand the principles of hospice and palliative medicine, including hospice & palliative care principles, pain management, and ethical/legal issues.
The modules below can be purchased separately or as a 9-module bundle through AAHPM with CME and MOC credits.
- Alleviating Psychological and Spiritual Pain (Essentials 2)
- Assessing and Treating Pain (Essentials 3)
- Managing Non-pain Symptoms (Essentials 4)
- Communication and Teamwork (Essentials 5)
- Ethical and Legal Issues (Essentials 6)
- Caring for People with HIV/AIDS (Essentials 7)
- Caring for Pediatric Patients (Essentials 8)
- Caring for Patients with Chronic Illnesses: Dementia, COPD, and CHF (Essentials 9)
Did You Know...
- In 2014, about 67,000 paid, regulated long-term care services providers served about 9 million people in the United States
- In 2015, hospice patients received a total of 96,052,577 days of care paid for by Medicare