Surgical Sterile Instrument Processing (Centralized Sterile Processing)Back to Courses Request Course Info
- Define sterilization terms (bioburden, disinfection, antiseptic, etc.)
- Differentiate between the types of cleaning solutions, disinfectants, antiseptics, and water
- Explain how to use wraps, pouches, packaging, and labels
- Discuss appropriate implementations of immediate use steam sterilization (IUSS)
- Explain how to appropriate transport equipment
- Describe how to load a sterilizer
This course explores the various steps and efforts involved in centralized sterile processing, covering vocabulary, best practices, and procedures.