Optime Pre-op + PACU NurseBack to Courses
- Learners will be able to identify patients and document patient movement using the OR Status Board and Case Tracking events
- Learners will be able to review patient information and document the pre-op care plan and flowsheet data
- Learners will be able to document lines, drains, and airways using the LDA Avatar activity
- Learners will manage new and existing orders, documenting against medication administration in the MAR
- Learners will understand basic blood administration functions, including acknowledging blood administration orders, checking cross-match, and releasing the blood bag
In this four-module course, nurses working in the pre- and post-operative areas will demonstrate knowledge related to surgical events, documentation, care plans, patient education, orders management, blood transfusion, phases of care, medication administration, and discharge.