Mammography: Early Detection and Intervention TechniquesBack to Courses
- Discuss the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BIRADS), including suspicious microcalcifications, masses, and asymmetries, with all available imaging modalities
- Compare and contrast pre-procedural planning techniques for breast biopsies
- Choose the most appropriate imaging modality to guide percutaneous breast biopsy and discuss post-procedural planning and management
- Utilize radiology-pathology correlation to recommend appropriate follow-up and treatment of patients
This course teaches breast radiologists about the multiple imaging modalities, how to interpret images correctly, and appropriate interventional techniques to diagnose benign versus malignant disease.
Did You Know...
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women.