InjectionsBack to Courses
- Differentiate between different injection routes and injection sites
- Select appropriate equipment for injections (e.g. needle size, gauge, etc.)
- Use appropriate injection administration techniques
- Identify complications due to injection errors
- Explain how to safely use injection equipment (e.g. needles and syringes)
- Identify appropriate use of medication vials
- Identify common injectable medications
- Describe how to store medications safely
This course examines a broad range of injection topics (specifically related to clinical support staff) including injection routes and sites, injection equipment, complications related to injections, and safe injection practices.
Did You Know...
- Injections are the most commonly used medical devices in health care settings.
- As per the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates, approximately 16 billion injections are given annually worldwide.
- It is estimated that up to 160,000 human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), 4.7 million hepatitis C virus (HCV) and 16 million hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections are attributable each year to such unsafe injection practices.