- List the factors used to establish the Emergency Preparedness Program (EPP)
- Describe hospital emergency preparedness plans and systems
- Identify Personal Preparedness steps
- Identify the Three Basic Steps to Safety and how to perform them
- Explain the different types of security, facility, medical, and weather alerts
- List the techniques and guidelines used in emergency situations
- Differentiate between the different types of radiation emergencies and how to handle decontamination
- Explain how to respond to fire and weather alerts
- Explain where to find key emergency equipment and information
This course explores guidelines staff should follow when faced with an emergency event or potential disaster situation, including what to do when they are at work or at home when an emergency occurs.
Did You Know...
- Disasters occur nearly every day in the United States, and the frequency is increasing. This includes such diverse events as storms, droughts, wildfires, floods, earthquakes, chemical and industrial accidents, burns, mass shootings and bombings, and epidemics.
- All sickened or injured people require a well-prepared public health and healthcare system.
- The number of people killed by disasters depends not only on the severity of the event itself but also on our ability to respond effectively and treat the ill or injured.