Can’t Miss Diagnoses – Epidural AbscessBack to Courses
- Recognize the risk factors and symptoms of epidural abscesses
- Describe how to treat epidural abscess patients
- Differentiate between the stages of epidural abscess
- Describe the importance of timely epidural abscess diagnosis
- Employ appropriate testing to confirm and/or rule out epidural abscesses
This course focuses on the classic symptoms of epidural abscesses and the forewarned conditions that mimic or mask epidural abscesses. The important risk factors will be covered as nearly all epidural abscess patients fall in one of the risk category groups. Additionally, this course will enhance your confident knowledge of the essentials for prompt treatment.
Did You Know...
- The number of EA diagnoses has doubled in the past 20 years (from 2 to 4 cases per 10,000 admissions)
- Nearly 75% of EA cases are initially misdiagnosed
- At UC San Diego Medical Center, delayed diagnosis was reduced to 10% after implementation of the diagnosis and treatment guidelines presented in this course