Blood PressureBack to Courses
- Understand the anatomy and physiology related to blood pressure and hypertension
- Practice appropriate techniques for blood pressure measurement
- Differentiate between the categories of blood pressure
- Summarize hypertension management, including medication and lifestyle modifications
- Differentiate between hypertension and other related chronic conditions
- Describe the complications of hypertension, including heart attack and stroke
- Summarize the management of hypertension complications
- Identify common lab tests used in the management of hypertension and complications
This course examines a broad range of blood pressure topics including anatomy and physiology of blood pressure, blood pressure management, hypertension management, and hypertension complications.
Did You Know...
- Nearly 1 out of 2 adults in the United States has hypertension (116 million)
- Most adults with hypertension in the United States do not have their hypertension under control (92.1 million)
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults with hypertension in the United States are recommended lifestyle modifications only (24.3 million)s
- Most adults with hypertension in the United States are recommended prescription medication with lifestyle modifications (91.7 million)